Use one of the textbooks from our classroom set to answer the following questions. All of these things are important to know for your upcoming speech and for those that will follow.
1. Name and describe the 5 attention-getters listed in your text. (p. 209)
2. Define link, thesis, and preview statement.
3. Name and define the 5 organizational patterns listed in your text. (p.220)
4. How should a speech conclude?
1. Name and define the 5 types of informative speeches. (p.323)
2. Name and define the 6 “C”s of informative speaking. (p. 324)
3. What are five ways your text recommends for supporting a thesis? (p. 333)
4. Decide what you will do for you informative speech. Your topic must be approved in advance of your speech.